What are the tasks and responsibilities of supplier managers?
Supplier managers have a wide variety of tasks: They are responsible for planning and carrying out supplier audits and assessments of potential. Furthermore, they process supplier-specific complaints, are involved in negotiating agreements regarding quality assurance and are responsible for the selection and approval of new suppliers.
Communicating with other specialist departments of the company belongs to their daily work as well. Supplier managers act as contact persons for all quality matters arising between suppliers and internal specialist departments. Besides, they keep track of process and product quality and coordinate technical supplier development measures.
- Planning and carrying out supplier audits
- Assessment of potentials
- Supplier selection and approval
- Processing of supplier-specific complaints
- Initiation of required quality improvement measures
- Communication and coordination with internal specialist departments