What are the tasks and responsibilities of buyers?
Buyers develop strategies to ensure a best possible purchasing process, observe markets and decide on how many and which suppliers to work with.
There is a difference between strategic, technical and operational buyers: While technical buyers are mainly responsible for the purchasing of technical operating equipment and machinery, strategic buyers may also work in other business units. Operational buyers, in turn, are in charge of ordering and deadline tracking processes and process returns and complaints.
- Market observation and analysis with focus on prices, suppliers, producers and new technologies
- Determination of purchasing strategies
- Identification of cost improvement potentials of logistics areas
- Application of their good knowledge regarding stock and production processes for the analysis of defined requirements
- Ensuring the timely provision of production materials
- Processing of returns and complaints