- IT specialist in systems integration
- IT systems electronics technician
- IT technical assistant or a career changer/lateral entrant with an affinity for IT.
- An IT support technician deals with infrastructure problems that users may encounter in their day-to-day business.
- These can be client-side, server-side or hardware problems.
- In larger IT infrastructures, IT support is divided into different levels: First-Level Support is the initial point of contact dealing with user problems in the first instance.
- Second-Level Support is the next tier of support that handles more complex problems. Third-Level Support takes place at the manufacturer level.
- Ticketing systems (e.g. HP OpenView, OTRS, BMC remedy)
- Remote maintenance tools (e.g. TeamViewer)
- Client technologies (Windows 7/8/10, Linux, Mac OS)