What are the tasks and responsibilities of logisticians?
Logisticians have a broad range of varied, responsible tasks. Depending on the position’s profile within the company, they may be responsible for the procurement or disposal of goods, production logistics or sales. Logisticians who focus on supply chain management, on the other hand, supervise the entire flow of goods and identify potentials for optimisation. Furthermore, there are other specialist fields, such as transport or warehouse logistics, where the inspection of incoming goods, for example, belongs to the daily business.
- Coordination and planning of production processes
- Personnel planning
- Inspection of incoming and outgoing goods
- Ensuring traceability
- Placement and processing of orders
- Preparation and acceptance of offers
- Processing of customer complaints