Which hard skills and soft skills should medical affairs managers have?
Medical affairs managers require an academic degree in medicine, pharmacy or chemistry. Ideally, they have a PhD degree and professional experience in working in the pharmaceutical industry.
Furthermore, medical affairs managers should possess certain soft skills, e.g. strong communication skills, assertiveness and an independent way of working. Last but not least, they should be good negotiators and have an economic way of thinking.
- An academic degree in medicine, pharmacy or chemistry
- An economic way of thinking
- Good negotiation skills and assertiveness
- Comprehensive knowledge of the national and international market and competition
- Knowledge of the competitors’ activities
- Very good English skills