Which hard skills and soft skills should production managers have?
After their graduation or apprenticeship, further training and practical experience are required.
Besides, production managers need to have good time management and organisational skills, knowledge of lean production and the ability to create competitive advantages for the company by ensuring cost-efficient, customer-oriented production processes. They should also have a good technical understanding and a methodical approach.
As they are responsible for all employees in the production chain, good communication and leadership skills and the ability to motivate people are just as important as team spirit and foreign language skills.
- A completed apprenticeship or an academic degree in engineering, e.g. civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, media informatics
- Further training on production management
- Professional experience in the relevant industry
- Organisational management skills
- Error detection skills
- Leadership qualities and good communication skills
- Time management skills