Cloud Architect (m/f/d)
Top job offers for cloud architects
Cloud architects: designing and managing cloud solutions
Cloud architects implement architectures planned by administrators and developers and are responsible for the design and management of cloud architectures. Furthermore, they advise customers on the development of cloud-based applications by means of modern cloud technologies and cloud architecture patterns.
Which opportunities do cloud architects have on the labour market?
Many companies from different industries, such as healthcare, information technology and finance make use of cloud technologies and need specialists to design and manage secure cloud environments. Thus, qualified cloud architects have very good career prospects.
What are the tasks and responsibilities of cloud architects?
Cloud architects are experts for distributed systems and global data availability. They are familiar with security aspects, have skills in user administration and advise customers on the development of cloud-based applications. Moreover, cloud architects are highly in demand when it comes to the creation of big data architectures.
- Development and implementation of cloud and big data strategies
- Business architecture transformation
- Regular participation in further training programmes
- Cloud infrastructure administration
- Application services, advanced applications, application storage and web applications
- Development of AWS (Amazon Web Services) or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) solutions (depending on the company)
Which hard skills &soft skills should cloud architects have?
Qualified cloud architects are IT specialists who implement cloud strategies of companies. Enterprise architects, for instance, support companies with the transition to cloud computing technologies. Cloud architects can obtain different further qualifications, e.g. the AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification.
- An academic degree in a related field or long-term professional experience in a relevant area/appropriate expertise acquired as part of further training programmes
- Knowledge of operating systems and relevant software
- Good network skills
- Basic knowledge of programming languages
- Expert knowledge in areas like IaaS, PaaS and SaaS (AWS platform, Azure native / cloud-native solutions)
- A very good understanding of security aspects
- Strong communication and advisory skills
What is the average salary of cloud architects?
The salary of cloud architects depends on the size of the company; larger companies usually pay more. On average, the gross starting salary is about EUR 40,000 per year. With increasing experience, the average annual salary may rise up to EUR 60,000. Highly qualified senior cloud architects who work for top employers may even earn up to EUR 90,000 gross.