Medical Affairs Manager (m/f/d)
Top job offers for medical affairs managers
Medical affairs managers: working in medical engineering and pharmaceutical companies
Medical affairs managers play a central role in medical engineering and pharmaceutical companies: They are responsible for the planning and coordination of clinical trials as well as for the collection and forwarding of product information to employees or customers. Medical affairs managers cooperate closely with marketing managers.
Which opportunities do medical affairs managers have on the labour market?
Companies from the medical engineering and pharmaceutical industry require competitive medical products and therefore rely on the expertise of qualified medical affairs managers. Thus, the career prospects of medical affairs managers are excellent, especially at healthcare companies.
What are the tasks and responsibilities of medical affairs managers?
Medical affairs managers act as interfaces between development, approval, marketing and sales at larger medical engineering or pharmaceutical companies. When it comes to medical, marketing-related questions, they are the main point of contact.
- Support with pharmaceutical research trials in different development phases
- Involved in the evaluation of analysis results
- Collection of relevant information and elaboration of marketing strategies
- Close cooperation with marketing and sales colleagues
- Monitoring of pharmaceutical marketing activities in consideration of legal and ethical aspects
- Training of field service employees
Which hard skills and soft skills should medical affairs managers have?
Medical affairs managers require an academic degree in medicine, pharmacy or chemistry. Ideally, they have a PhD degree and professional experience in working in the pharmaceutical industry.
Furthermore, medical affairs managers should possess certain soft skills, e.g. strong communication skills, assertiveness and an independent way of working. Last but not least, they should be good negotiators and have an economic way of thinking.
- An academic degree in medicine, pharmacy or chemistry
- An economic way of thinking
- Good negotiation skills and assertiveness
- Comprehensive knowledge of the national and international market and competition
- Knowledge of the competitors’ activities
- Very good English skills
What is the average salary of medical affairs managers?
On average, medical affairs managers have an annual salary of approximately EUR 60,000; the starting salary is about EUR 50,000. Depending on experience, qualification and employer, their salary may rise up to EUR 80,000 per year.