Programme Manager (m/f/d)
Top job offers for programme managers
Programme managers: coordinating related projects
Programme managers are responsible for the planning, design and management of related projects and supervise the project managers. The coordination of a group of projects according to the corporate strategy is a demanding management task and is required in various industries and areas.
Which career prospects do project managers have?
The planning and coordination of interrelated projects as part of comprehensive programmes makes an important contribution to the implementation of strategic guidelines in all industries. Programme managers have a much higher level of managerial responsibility than project managers. They work for larger companies in industries such as IT, Engineering, Life Sciences, and many others.
What are the tasks and responsibilities of programme managers?
Programme managers work in many different industries, such as IT, HR, production and large publishing houses. While the responsibilities of programme managers generally involve combining, coordinating, managing and controlling strategically and thematically related projects, their actual tasks vary depending on their respective role. The resulting programmes are aligned with corporate objectives. Their tasks also include the continuous update of individual projects as well as entire programmes, the review of specifications and the analysis and solution of problems, if required.
- Planning and introduction of projects as part of programmes
- Overall management of marketing, communication and quality assurance of the programme
- Specification of guidelines
- Definition of methods and priorities
- Evaluation of projects and programmes as well as preparation of results
- Reporting to stakeholders
- Training and instruction of employees in the context of projects/programmes
Which hard skills and soft skills should programme managers have?
Due to the complexity of the job profile and the application areas, there is no specific training to become a programme manager. Programme managers should have an academic degree in economics or engineering as well as long-term professional experience, also in a leading position, e.g. in project management. As they coordinate numerous projects as executive managers, leadership qualities, such as assertiveness, team spirit and excellent communication skills, are required.
- An academic degree in engineering, economics or business administration, business informatics and mathematics or mechanical engineering
- Long-term professional experience in the respective industry, including in project management
- Leadership qualities and good communication skills
- An analytical and strategic way of thinking
What is the average salary of programme managers?
The average salary of programme managers amounts to between EUR 4,000 and EUR 6,000 gross per month, depending on the range of tasks, the industry and the location.
Finding your ideal job as a programme manager – with Hays
Are you looking for a new challenge in programme management? We will help you find the perfect position, taking into consideration your qualifications and making use of our large network of attractive employers.
Get in touch with us and learn more about the Jobsuche mit Hays benefits of finding a job with Hays!
Relevant contract types