Which hard skills and soft skills should service technicians have?
Service technicians need to be very familiar with the machines, systems, devices and programs of their company. Furthermore, a comprehensive technical understanding is essential since they need to have knowledge of the common problems and requirements of their customers. A driving licence for passenger cars is also usually required to be able to execute assignments directly at the customer’s.
In addition to technical knowledge, service technicians need to possess certain soft skills as well: They should, for instance, have basic skills in sales communication allowing them to hold conversations with customers in a professional and competent way. Besides, an entrepreneurial way of thinking as well as a friendly and confident appearance are required.
- Technical and specialist know-how
- Knowledge of common customer problems and requirements
- A driving licence for passenger cars
- Basic skills in sales communication
- An entrepreneurial way of thinking
- A friendly and confident appearance